Automation for Mobile App Testing for Increasing Productivity and Efficiency
Along with the performance and efficiency of the app, the testing strategy also needs to consider its hardware configuration and screen size for different handheld devices. Therefore, more and more enterprises are automating mobile app testing process to avail a number of advantages. In addition to increasing productivity and efficiency, mobile application testing automation can further reduce the testing time and cost.
Top Five Advantages of Mobile Application Testing Automation
1) Reduces Testing Time and Cost: Most organizations automate application testing to save both time and cost. Unlike to conventional and manual testing methods, the test automation tools evaluate an apps quality more rapidly and efficiently. The automated test scripts can be executed several times to identify all flaws, errors and bugs in the app. Also, the tools can evaluate each feature and functionality of the mobile application without requiring any additional time. Each enterprise has to initially invest in test automation tools and framework. But these tools can be used to evaluate mobile apps over a longer period of time, and thus get higher ROI.
2) Address Specific QA Challenges: Often QA engineers face many challenged when evaluating the quality of a mobile app. The look, feel, features and performance of the application also need to be tested for different handheld devices and operating systems. Some of the test automation tools allow QA engineers to test both native and hybrid apps without putting any extra time and effort. These tools further identify all flaws that affect the functioning of the mobile app on different operating systems.
3) Easy to Carry Out Several Tests: Unlike desktop and web applications, the mobile app must be tested by QA engineers more thoroughly. The testing professionals also have to run a variety of tests to evaluate the apps quality and performance. Along with usability, interface, compatibility, services and low level resource testing, the QA engineers also have to run operational, performance and security testing. As they have option to choose from several test automation tools, the testing professionals can carry out the required tests without any manual effort or intervention.
4) Option to Use Open Source Test Automation Tools: Often an organization has to invest some amount of time, money and effort to automate its mobile application testing. Along with hiring skilled QA engineers, it also has to buy several test automation tools according to specific needs of the project. However, each enterprise has option to choose from a number of efficient test automation tools that are open source and free. The open source tools further reduce the overall cost of automating mobile application testing. Further, the test scripts and tools can be used across different application formats, in addition to being modified easily for future projects.
5) Avail Benefits of Mobile Cloud Computing Environment: Many reports have highlighted how the web-based mobile environment provided by Cloud computing is effective in reducing overall project development time and cost. The environment further enables QA engineers to deploy, test and automate a variety of mobile applications without any hassle. At the same time, the environment is effective in meeting quality requirements, while focusing on the common challenges faced by QA engineers. As the data and test are stored on the web, the QA engineers have further option to use more efficient scripting language, access live environment through modem and bypass the network. An organization can automate mobile app testing to avail the distinct advantages of the web-based mobile environment, while meeting the latest industry standards.
However, the mobile application testing automation strategy of an organization must identify the key QA challenges like variation in mobile operating systems and devices, selection of right test automation tools, and the latest trends and standards. The right mobile application testing automation plan can further get higher ROI to the enterprise in the long run. You can hire certified automation testers from top automation testing companies India who have proven expertise of handling automation testing projects as well to save you on the time and costs.
Author: Ken Miller