What is Black box testing?
Black box techniques don't explicitly use knowledge of the internal structure or code. i.e. the Test Engineer doesn't need to know the internal working of the Black box or application.
The advantages of black box can be:
- Tester can be non-technical.
- Ideal for UAT by End User or Business Analyst
- Used to verify contradictions in actual system and the specifications.
- Test cases can be designed as soon as the functional specifications are complete
The disadvantages can be:
- The test inputs needs to be from large sample space.
- It is difficult to identify all possible inputs in limited testing time. So writing test cases is slow and difficult
- Chances of having unidentified paths during this testing