What is a technical Review?
In Software Testing a Technical Review consists of:
- Documented, defined defect-detection process that includes peers and technical experts;
- May be performed as a peer review without management participation;
- Ideally led by trained moderator (not the author);
- Pre-meeting preparation;
- Optionally the use of checklists, review report, list of findings and management participation;
- May vary in practice from quite informal to very formal;
- Main purposes: discuss, make decisions, evaluate alternatives, find defects, solve technical
- Problems and check conformance to specifications and standards.