What is a successful software testing review?
In software Testing a sucessful review consists of:
- Each review has a clear predefined objective.
- The right people for the review objectives are involved.
- Defects found are welcomed, and expressed objectively.
- People issues and psychological aspects are dealt with (e.g. making it a positive experience
- for the author).
- Review techniques are applied that are suitable to the type and level of software work
- products and reviewers.
- Checklists or roles are used if appropriate to increase effectiveness of defect identification
- Training is given in review techniques, especially the more formal techniques, such as
- Management supports a good review process (e.g. by incorporating adequate time for review
- activities in project schedules).
- There is an emphasis on learning and process improvement.