What is the objective of Static Testing?
The main objective of static testing is:
- The objective of static analysis is to find defects in software source code and software models.
- Static analysis is performed without actually executing the software being examined by the tool; dynamic testing does execute the software code.
- Static analysis can locate defects that are hard to find infesting.
- As with reviews, static analysis finds defects rather than failures.
- Static analysis tools analyze program code (e.g. control flow and data flow), as well as generated output such as HTML and XML.